- Licensed since 2008
- Bar or Special Certifications, if any:Bryan University, E-Discovery Project Management Certificate, Electronic Discovery and Project Management
- Practice Area(s): Current-Personal Injury Protection Litigation, Insurance Defense and General Civil Litigation. Past-complex hurricane claims, insurance, personal injury, arbitration, and employment litigation in state and federal courts. I have hands on experience in electronic discovery and am skilled in e-discovery litigation project management.
- Feel free to contact me at: www.linkedin/in/cdeere or 561-320-2367
Present: Associate Attorney at Vernis & Bowling of Palm Beach (March 2013 to Present)
Previous: Associate Attorney at Justus Reid & Associates, LLC (April 2008 to February 2013)
JD -Pace University School of Law, 2006
BA -Wells College, 2000
Admitted: Florida; U.S. District Court, Southern District of Florida
- Significant Recognition
I am a member of The Florida Bar, the Palm Beach County Bar Association, the F. Malcolm Cunningham Bar Association, the Florida Association of Women Lawyers, and the American Bar Association, Electronic Discovery and Digital Evidence Committee. In the Palm Beach County Bar Association, I am Co-Chair of the Committee for Diversity and Inclusion. I am also the current Secretary and chair for continuing legal education as well as community outreach and volunteering for the F. Malcolm Cunningham Bar Association.
eDiscovery Special Master; Merit Scholar and First in Class - E-Discovery Project Management Certificate, Electronic Discovery and Project Management, 2013.
1. Databases: Roadblock or Fork in the Road? ABA Section of Science & Technology Law, EDDEJOURNAL, Vol. 3:4, Autumn 2012.
2. Why Every Law Practice Needs an eDiscovery Attorney, ABA Section of Science & Technology Law, EDDE JOURNAL, Vol.5: 1, Winter 2014
Chioma's e-Discovery Comments:
E-Discovery is one of my passions. During my career, I have developed an elevated knowledge in electronic discovery. I have been the "go to" person for conducting several meet and confer conferences and drafting e-Discovery protocols in Federal and State suits. I conducted several e-Discovery projects as litigation project manager for large complex matters with multiple law firms, including the administration of document management platforms such as Nuix, Relativity, and Summation.
My work as a project manager involved organizing and directing custodian interviews, preparing discovery protocols, supervising vendor collections and pre and post data processing administration, as well as document review with legal staff and attorneys across three co‐counsel law firms. As lead e-Discovery project manager, I addressed issues regarding custodian data errors and proprietary software searching. I also prepared affidavits regarding vendor explanations relating to implementation of the discovery protocols.
My e-Discovery experience also includes CLE presentations on e-Discovery with the Palm Beach County Bar, the F. Malcolm Cunningham, Sr. Bar Association, the ESI Round Table, and in my own firm where I am frequently consulted regarding e-Discovery and social media evidence and case law.
I recognize that e-Discovery, especially in Florida where electronic discovery rules and case law is still developing, is a burgeoning field. New technology is quickly emerging, and I am excited to learn more about other review tools that will allow attorneys to efficiently serve their clients. In this new age requiring attorneys to have competent knowledge of technology in their practice, all attorneys are e-Discovery attorneys.